Disability parking locations on-campus is only for drivers with state-issued disability license plates or state-issued disability placards. Individuals with either identification may park in any unoccupied “disability parking” space on-campus. The standard parking rates apply for all parking spaces including disability spaces.
Drivers with temporary impairments that limit their mobility cannot be granted access to legally designated “disability parking” spaces on-campus. These individuals may be assigned to or granted temporary parking in a lot or deck closer to their destination if they can provide the following documentation to Auxiliary and Support Services:
1. A medical doctor’s letter must be on file at Auxiliary and Support Services before an individual is given this specific temporary parking permit. An original letter from the individual’s doctor must be written on the physician’s letterhead, dated, and signed by the doctor. (Signature from a nurse, intern, physician’s assistant, or written on a prescription pad will not be valid.)
2. The original letter must state the following:
a. The expected duration of the condition (with starting date and ending date).
b. A statement as to the patient needing special arrangement for parking.
Please direct any questions regarding disability parking or temporary (health reasons) parking at the University to Auxiliary and Support Services at 404-413-9500.
U Lot is available to students, faculty and staff with a valid handicap permit and approval from University Parking services. U Lot can be accessed from Decatur street.
Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday 6:30 a.m. – 10:00 p.m.
The rates to park at on-campus parking locations are:
- $10.00 for visitors or students without a parking permit or budget card
- $5.00 per entry with a valid Georgia State University student parking permit
- $3.50 per entry with a valid Georgia State University student Parking Budget Card
- $2.00 per entry after 4 PM in all decks and lots with a valid Georgia State University student parking permit
- $18.00 per semester for Motorcycles/Mopeds at G deck
- $400.00 per semester in the Loft Deck for Lofts, Freshman Hall, and Greek Housing tenants (includes 24/7 overnight parking)
- T Deck – Under construction, limited to approved permits only.
- $215.00 per semester in the M Deck with a valid parking permit (no overnight parking allowed)
- $215.00 per semester in the Loft Deck with a valid non-resident parking permit (no overnight parking allowed)
Student parking at Georgia State Stadium’s Blue lot is free (provided through the Student Transportation Fee) for registered vehicles with a valid parking permit. Parking restrictions may apply based on special events. Follow us at GSUParking on Twitter for the latest parking schedule.
(Parking fees subject to change)
All parking permits and budget cards (with the exception of one day visitor parking passes) are to be returned to Parking and Transportation when the permit period or payroll deduction period expires, or upon termination of enrollment or employment, to avoid a $25 fee.
University Bookstore Building
66 Courtland Street
Atlanta, GA 30303
Georgia State University
Parking and Transportation
P.O. Box 3971
Atlanta, GA 30302-3971