Rules and Regulations for all GSU Campuses
Citations and Appeals
Parking enforcement on all Georgia State University campuses is a year-round program, enforced 24 hours per day. To reduce your chances of being fined, booted or towed, a current valid parking permit should be displayed at all times (as required) from vehicle’s rear view mirror, on the driver’s side of the dashboard, or on front window if the permit is a sticker. Permits for motorcycles and mopeds should be displayed on the left, front fork, while a sticker permit should be displayed on the vehicle’s windshield. Georgia State University assumes no responsibility for vehicles or protection of any vehicle or its contents at any time. Valuable contents should be stored out of sight. Expired semester permits for downtown campus students must be returned to Parking and Transportation Services customer service area location at the end of each paid permit period to avoid a $25 non-return fee.
All individuals who receive a parking citation have the right to appeal online within ten (10) working days of the issuance of the citation or the right to appeal is forfeited. If requested, the date and location of the in-person hearing will be e-mailed to the campus e-mail address and provided in Parking Web.
The following are not eligible for appeal:
• Parking in a handicap space without a state issued permit/plate.
• Fee for booting a vehicle.
Parking Services will notify appellants through campus e-mail of the applicable Citation Appeals Board’s decision. The decision of the Appeals Boards is final.
All parking fines and fees can be paid on Parking Web or at Campus Services’ Customer Service area. Citation(s) and fine(s) not paid or appealed within ten (10) working days are subject to a $10.00 late fee. Students with unpaid fines/citations may have registration holds placed on their records until the delinquency has been cleared. Unpaid fines and fees owed by Faculty and Staff may be deducted from payroll checks.
If any vehicle is cited repeatedly for violations, Parking Services may, at its discretion, revoke a patron’s parking privilege(s) to park in University parking facilities. Parking Services and the Georgia State University Police may remove or immobilize a vehicle at the owner’s expense, for violation of parking rules and regulations.
• $10 Vehicle left at Turner Field Blue Lot (downtown campus) after 5:00 p.m. during a home game.
• $10 Motorcycle parked in an unauthorized area.
• $15 Improper display of permit.
• $15 Parking in an unauthorized area.
• $15 Parking in a loading zone.
• $15 Parking along the curb.
• $15 Obstructing traffic.
• $25 Parking without a displayed parking permit.
• $25 Altering a parking permit.
• $25 Parking in a fire lane.
• $25 Parking beyond parking space.
• $25 Parking beyond allowed time in a timed zone area.
• $40 Fee for booting a vehicle.
• $40 Parking in a No Parking Zone.
• $75 Parking in a handicap space without proper permit/tag.
“…The several institutions of the University System of Georgia are authorized to adopt appropriate traffic rules and regulations governing the control, direction, parking and general regulation of traffic and automobiles, including the authority to impose reasonable penalties and traffic assessments or fines in connection therewith, on the respective campuses, streets, and other properties under the jurisdiction and control of the individual institutions concerned.” (Revised March 23, 1984)